What I’ve learned?
- Page Objects
- Related functions that do a particular thing inside the view
- It’s easier to test
- Model mirroing (Collections & Models)
- Views that handle events (Views)
- Which can render DOM (Templates)
- Patterns: Greenfield apps
- Rails === API (No server side rendering of the HTML)
- Backbone works fine for new greenfield projects but always consider alternatives
- Backbone sweet spot is when you are converting an existing Rails app to have more client side behavior.